Shadow speaking practice



On monday, We had a shadow speaking practice. Actually it was not first time to use this activity to improve my English skills because it is one of my favorite ways studying languages. As I have been using this method for learning languages, I found some advantages and disadvantages. 

First of all, Unless you are not native speaker, you cannot speak like them if it is not your mother tongue. So you need to listen to the dialogue very carefully several times. It means not only improving your listening skills, but also making your tongue like native speakers. Because you will listen to it a lot and even try to imitate their accent, body-languge, intonation,...

On the other hand, I think we need to find the movies or videos which are appropriate to practice. Because if there are a lot of slangs in one scene and you wanna try to do shadow speaking practice,  you may get the accent and the meaning of slang but you don't really get the exact usage of word, also slang cannot be used in formal situation like business meeting or interview. So for learning English, it is better to choose the audiovisual materials which is good for learning real languages.


By the way, I am using this method when I am teaching Korean to foreign friends. I try to help them to imitate the Korean accent and intonation!!




Before : https://clyp.it/srezrdff
After : https://clyp.it/kplly05c

p.s) When I listened to it using my phone, the sound was good. But these are making a little bit noise.. I hope it is working well!

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Heineken - the candidate

Can men and women be just friend?