Oprah Winfrey's 2008 Stanford Commencement Address


Nowadays I am really interested in watching a video, especially the famous speaker's speech.

It is actually because of 'English Speech' class, but related to the Audiovisual English class, I think it can be a good opportunity to watch this kinds of video.

In this video, Oprah Winfrey told 3 lessons that she has had the greatest impact on her entire life.

"Feelings", "Failure", "Finding happiness" are those 3 things that she wants to share with students.

Especially, in my case, I love the quote which is "You have to live for the present. You have to be in the moment. Whatever has happened to you in your past has no power over this present moment, because life is now." It is similar to the quote in the movie 'Kungfu Panda.' "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, but today is a mystery but today is a gift, that is why we called a 'present'."

Whenever I start the new semester, I usually write down on my timetable "Every moment is important." Especially, in this semester, I feel more like that because it will be my last semester before the military service, so I try to do my best for learning what I want. Some people are spending their time doing useless things, but as I realized and knew what I want to do, I don't want to spend time meaninglessly. Always want to work hard and not to regret myself.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Heineken - the candidate

Can men and women be just friend?