Feedback about using AudioVisual materials to study language

 

First of all, it was the very new way to study english using audiovisual materials (have a discussion on recording). During the discussion, at first, nobody knew how to process the conversation and what should we do before asking some questions like introduction part. But after we started to talk about our topic, We just felt comfortable and got into the topic.
The discussion was based on 5 ~ 6 questions prepared before the class, and we tried to have a talk show style. So one person asked questions and panels answered it. About the topic, most of people were on "men and women can be a friend" side, and only one person was against the opinion. But everyone had different criteria to distinguish between "the friend" and "man/women". Based on the cultural and inviditual perspective, It was really adequate to have different opinions for sure.
For language learning, I think it is very good way to acquire the knowledge from the audiovisual material like Youtube, Ted, movie, ... When I was studying translation and interpretation course in Vancouver, one of korean-english teachers recommened me to watch short video through youtube or a small episode of american dramas and recorded my voice same as what the characters said like we do on the website "EnglishCentral". So what I want to say is that I learned intonation as I started following their pronunciation,  and I watched one episode more than 10 times for checking what they are talking about. So my listening skill improved a lot.

It is slightly a different way but for learning third or fourth language. When I watch the movie through my laptop or dvd, I usually watch it many times. At first, I watch the movie in French with English subtitle and then, English sound with subtitle. The most impressive thing when I watch the movie in this way is that I already understand the movie in English, so I just try to know the french sentences naturally and memorize automatically.

Even though I have studied English for over 10 years, I just focused on the grammar stuffs and the exam things for a long time. But when I have started to use the video materials, it was the chance not only to get an opportunity to pronounce like native but also to improve my listening skills.

I am constantly trying to find a new way which totally fits on me for improving my English skills. I hope to share the opinion each other!

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Heineken - the candidate

Can men and women be just friend?